Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tribute to Andy Warhol via my morning commute

I've been thinking for sometime about doing some different pieces of artwork that are stylized by famous artists.  Injecting my own love of bikes upon a certain artists style.  Trying to mimic there work the best I can.  A tribute of sort, but also a learning experience by trying to see what they saw.  What they were trying to accomplish by there use of color, technique, and over all approach.  Gaining a greater respect for the artist and putting a few more tools in my own artwork arsenal.

So this morning I took some terrible pics on the way to work.  They weren't great really on any level.  So I decided to play with them.  Andy Warhol has always interested me.  I would have loved to have had lunch with him.

Here's the original -


I did two different variations on a couple different pieces of Andy's work.  The first I used - Details of Renaissance Paintings (Sandro Botticelli, Birth of Venus, 1482), 1984 as inspiration.



 For this one I sorta used Gun as a go by.  I was using the shades of blue trying to convey the cold that I was feeling this morning on the commute.


I really enjoyed doing this.  So expect more!

No comments:

Post a Comment